Profusa is developing fluorescence-based optical wearable sensors for real-time monitoring of analytes within the human body. The wearable optical device uses a sensing device communicating wirelessly with leading mobile phones. We seek an experienced Software Quality Engineer with iOS, Android and BLE (Bluetooth low energy) experience to develop test plans, test software and system modules.
As a Medical Device Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Profusa you’ll work with small teams of hardware engineers, software engineers and scientists to make products that will truly improve human health.
We want an individual who is excited about being involved from the very early phases of invention, where they will experience wires, duct tape, crash logs all the way through the verification of a beautifully designed and engineered product. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion to merge the innovation and delight of the technology industry with the safety and reliability required in a medical product.
A successful candidate will thrive in a medical device environment that is inventive and tries out new things. This role is hands-on but also requires someone with a strong knowledge of ISO62304 who can see the big picture, hidden risks, and is self-motivated to learn new thing, experiment, and improve themselves and their surroundings.
Most of all, we want another team member with a passion to create a great product that’s always improving.
- Manage bug disposition, assignment, fixes, verification and closure.
- Write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues
- Develop test procedures to verify software and hardware according to subsystem requirements and execution sprints.
- Identify and execute opportunities to improvements to the QA process
- Help establish an end-to-end automated test coverage and build tools to help test efficiently
- Interact with colleagues to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Work with Hardware and Software Engineering, Design, and Product Management teams to identify high-impact issues
- General facility with technology and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Previous experience in a medical device company with working knowledge of ISO62304
- Very comfortable looking at and analyzing data
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- A master of JIRA
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to evaluate technical risk and user perception
- Views quality as a team effort and loves to see the team succeed
- Commitment to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Extremely self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing atmosphere
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or psychology
- Strong working knowledge of ISO62304
- 2 year of experience performing manual testing mobile application on iOS and Android
- 1 year of experience with custom hardware devices such as Bluetooth accessories
- Hands on experience with testing and debugging issues on Android and iOS devices.
- Experience with TestRails or other test case management systems
- At least 4 years of experience in quality assurance or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience developing, documenting and executing formal test plans
- 4+ years of experience working in an agile software engineering team
- 3+ years of experience working in a medical device company
- 2 years of experience administering bug tracking system for a project including creating dashboards, saving searches and synchronizing development workflow with the system
- Programming experience, especially in a professional setting, a plus
- Experience with testing medical devices or regulated hardware systems a plus